Sarsoon Machhi Recipe
1/2 kg Rohu or Hilsa fish, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 kashmiri chillies
8 garlic flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp kalonji
1 small raw mango cut into pieces or 2 tomatoes
4 green chillies chopped
a little curry leaves
Salt To Taste
4 tbsp mustard oil
How to make Sarsoon Machhi :
- Clean and wash fish pieces well.
- Apply one tsp. turmeric powder and two tsp. salt to the fish and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a flat vessel.
- Add kalonji and curry leaves .
- When the kalonji splutters, add the fish pieces and light fry them. Grind the rest of the ingredients to a paste.
- Add 2 cups of water for the gravy and stir well.
- Add the garam masala and salt. Simmer till the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies. Serve sarsoon machhi hot with plain rice