Nut Crusted Rawas with Lemon Butter Sauce
Ingredients for Nut Crusted Rawas with Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
Rawas fillets boneless, cut into 2 inch pieces 400 grams
Almonds roasted 2 tablespoons
pinenuts roasted 2 tablespoons
Pistachios roasted 2 tablespoons
Melon seeds (magaz) ¼ cup
Pumpkin seeds roasted ¼ cup
Butter 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
Semolina (suji) 1 tablespoon
Parmesan cheese powder ¼ cup
Bread crumbs ¼ cup
Egg beaten 1
Oil for shallow frying
Fresh coriander sprigs chopped a few
- Grate the lemon peel into a small bowl to get the zest. Reserve the lemon juice in another small bowl.
- Put fish pieces in a large bowl. Add half the lemon juice, salt, crushed peppercorns and ginger-garlic paste. Mix and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Blend together almonds, pinenuts, pistachios, melon seeds and pumpkin seeds into a coarse mixture. Spread the mixture on a plate.
- Add chilli flakes, semolina, parmesan cheese powder, breadcrumbs, salt and crushed peppercorns and mix.
- Take the beaten egg in a bowl, dip marinated fish pieces in it and coat with nut-breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Place the fish pieces in it and shallow-fry, turning sides, till golden brown and evenly done on both sides.
- To make lemon butter sauce, heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add remaining lemon juice and coriander leaves, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the fish hot with lemon butter sauce.